It all depends on the definition of who I am? Am I my physical body, mind, intellect, ego or the soul?
In terms of computer language, my physical body is the hardware; Prana Vayu, the electricity; mind-intellect and ego, are the applications – Word, Excel and Power Point; Udana Vayu the operational software and the soul, the internal internet.
The body merges with the universe after death. The physical body merges with the five elements (the physical body of the universe).
The universe is not made up of only the five elements. It is also made of the spirit or the consciousness or the cloud internet (energized information) called GOD. The same holds true for the human body. The non physical components of human body will therefore merge with the respective components of the cloud internet.
As they mostly consist of energized fields of information (information with the power), they can remain alive for ever as they are based on retrievable information model. It can be explained as – the computer hardware may be dead but the software and the data can be retrieved from the server any time later.
Medically, deaths can be defined as:
- Heart dead, brain living situation
- Brain dead, heart living situation
- Brain and heart dead situation
- A specific organ death
- Death of self esteem in a living person
- Spiritual death or the egoistic state
Heart dead, brain living: This state is called cardiac arrest or sudden cardiac death. It is reversible in the first 10 minutes in normal room temperature and for a prolonged period of time in freezing temperature. The process of revival is called “chest compression cardiac resuscitation”. The story of Savitri Satyavan probably relates to the first CPR process in mythology. All examples of revival of dead bodies by Rishi-Munis in mythology probably relate to this situation. This explains that there is full life after cardiac arrest for some time depending on the environment temperature.
Brain dead, heart living: This state relates to the organ transplant definition of brain death. It has been well-explained in terms of Ayurveda and Prasanno Upanishad.
The human body has five types of Prana or air and they are Prana Vayu (respiration, speech, pupillary movements, brain stem reflexes); Apana Vayu (downward expulsive movements like defecation, passing urine, menstruation, etc); Vyana Vayu (heart movements), Samana Vayu (GI movements) and Udana Vayu (brain movements).
After brain death the movements and functions of samana, apana and vyana vayu can remain alive as long as a person is kept artificially alive on oxygen through ventilator. There is a case on record where a pregnant mother who had brain stem death at 6 months of pregnancy was put on oxygen via ventilator till she delivered a live baby by cesarean section.
Brain dead and heart dead: This state talks about the concept of the death of the physical body and not the soul. Katha Upanishad, Bhagavad Gita and Garud Purana have described this in detail. It can also be explained in terms of IT as above. The energized information (sanskara, karmas) of a person can remain alive even after the death of the physical body in the cloud internet model of spirit.
A specific organ death
1. Tooth can remain alive for some time after it is out of the body. One should not throw away the tooth but carry it to the hospital for re-implantation.
2. Similarly a finger may not die for hours if accidentally cut. One should carry it to the hospital so that it can be reattached if feasible.
3. Most organs that are retrieved after brain death remain alive for hours before they are transplanted in next person.
4. Once blood is taken from a person it can be stored for months before being given to next person.
5. Claire Sylvia, a professional dancer, who after a heart and lung transplant for primary pulmonary hypertension, developed the characteristics and traits of the donor (change in sexual preferences from male to female, change in the liking of color from red to green and blue, new acquired taste for chicken and beer) talks about the concept of cellular memory and that memory and consciousness can remain alive and even transfer to other persons during transplantation. Bu this does not happen in all.
The concept of cellular memory has not been accepted in modern medicine. But can be explained by the computer IT model of consciousness.
The belief that the soul along with the memory changes bodies after the death of physical body in computer terms means that the data of one computer gets transferred to another new updated computer along with the software and the retrievable data. When the new updated software reaches the new body, it may or may not be able to retrieve that data unless the frequency matches to that of the new software with the past data enters to the earlier version of the software. This can happen in the first few years of life or in meditative people.
This can explain why some people only remember their past lives.
Why GOD created us with a newer version of software and did not allow us to know our past is so that we can live an independent life. If we knew our past we would be forced to live a life which is linked to our previous births. When you join a new company and get a new computer you keep your old data in a separate hard disk and do not mix it up with the present job data as the jobs may be all together different.
For example, if a kidney of a person with bad karmas is transplanted to a person with good karma, the automatic transfer of the cellular memory will harm the recipient. GOD who created the cloud internet never wanted the same.
This is also the reason why is unethical to disclose the identity of organ, egg, sperm donors etc. to the recipients as the transplant is beyond race, cast and religion. A spiritual man can still bear the adversity, but a common man cannot.
6. One can even be a father after the death of physical body. This is possible by storing the sperms while alive in freezing conditions. Similarly, the eggs can be stored for years.
Death of self esteem in a living person: This is a state of extreme depression in a person.
Spiritual death or the egoistic state: This is a state of extreme egoism with no spirituality left in a person.
Moksha or the liberation: Bhagavad Gita talks about moksha and liberation. Those who believe in the philosophy of rebirth know that once a soul is liberated at death, a person is not reborn. In terms of computer language, that energized memory data is either permanently deleted from the cloud internet or remains in the cloud internet and is not available for modification through transfer to a soul.
For others who believe that hell and heaven are in this birth only, liberation means dying peacefully and without suffering. The theory of rebirth is well described in Bhagavad Gita in Chapter 8. The gist of Lord Krishna’s teaching is:
1. Whatever you think throughout your life will be your thought at the time of death.
2. Whatever is the state of mind at the time of death will be the atmosphere you will get in the rebirth. For example if your state of mind is in cruelty at the time of death, you will be born in a cruel family.
3. If you are relaxed, thinking of God or chanting AUM at the time of death, there are chances your soul will be liberated.
4. Fire, illumination, daytime, fortnight before the full moon and Uttarayana are the paths for liberation. It means these are the periods / ways for spontaneous positive thinking. From mental health point of view, this knowledge can be converted into medical prescription. Uttarayana means a satvik healthy state of mind and Dakshinayana means a depressed state of mind. Performing and attending to Yagna, sitting in well illuminated light or exposing oneself to the day sunlight can be an adjunct to depression treatment.
During the first fortnight of full moon and during Uttarayana, psychotherapy and counseling invariably work better and the requirement of drugs may get reduced.
Uttarayana is also the period for ‘Snana’ (bath); ‘Daan’ (charity); ‘Dhayana’ (concentration), ‘Upwas’ (detoxification) and ‘Sun worship’ (Sunbath).
Rebirth can take time? This means that you may have the data of the dead person in the cloud and not transferred to the new soul for some time. This has often been described by people as that person’s soul is not in peace.
In computer language the cloud internet has two main hard discs: one is ‘hell’ and the other ‘heaven’. The data files in heaven are not transferrable. Only the hell files can be transferred to the new souls. In other words, the new soul in making can download newer version of updated software from the cloud internet along with some data present only in the ‘hell’ hard disc.