Inaugurating a daylong conference, eMedinewS Revisiting 2012, organized by eMedinewS, Heart Care Foundation of India and World Fellowship of Religions, Dr. A.K. Agarwal, President, Delhi Medical Council, said that all doctors should document their medical records, carefully, punctually and timely. He said that doctors are for patient’s safety and medical records are for doctors’ safety. He said as far as possible, doctors and medical establishments should go for electronic records so that chances of mistakes are lower.
The conference was attended by over 1000 doctors from NCR. Briefing about the conference, Padma Shri & Dr. BC Roy National Awardee, Dr. KK Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India & Vice President Elect IMA, said that eminent faculty participated in the conference and listed the happenings in the year 2012.
The faculty included: Dr Brig A K Dhar, Dr. AS Bath, Dr Ambrish Mithal,Dr Anil Goel, Dr Ashish Jain, Dr Deepak Khurana, Dr Ganesh Mani, Dr IM Chugh, Dr. JPS Sawhney, Dr Kaberi Banerjee, Dr Kailash Singla, Dr Manju Gupta, Dr NK Bhatia, Dr Neeraj Jain, Dr Praveen Chandra, Dr PC Joshi, Dr Praveen Bhatia, Dr Rajnish Malhotra,Dr SK Parashar, Dr Sanjay Chaudhary, Dr Sukhendy Roy, (Maj.Gen) Dr. SK Mittal, Dr Vivek Bhatia and Dr Yugal Mishra.
Following were the highlights:
1. It is now possible to give a blood transfusion to a person without getting in any blood transfusion reaction.
2. Nobody should suffer from pain and it is possible to get rid of painkillers in 2-3 months’ time.
3. It is now possible to do an aortic valve replacement without surgery using a catheter.
4. It is now possible to save 40 lives from a brain dead donor.
5. Intestinal transplant is now possible in the country.
6. If you have one ova and one sperm, fertility is now possible.
7. Midline incision in the chest is no more required for bypass surgery and for valvular surgery.
8. It is now possible to combine the bypass surgery with stent angioplasty in one sitting and give better results to the patients.
9. It is now possible to do cataract surgery practically without stitches and with near normal vision without spectacles.
10. It is now possible to do surgery in very high obesity using a robot both in adult and in children successfully.
11. With capsule endoscopy it is now possible to examine small intestine of a patient.
Doctor of the year awards were also distributed and the recipients included:
Dr. Ramesh Kumar Bapna, Dr. Harish Gupta, Dr. Narender Saini, Dr. (Maj. Gen.) AS Bath, Dr. JPS Sawhney, Dr. SM Chugh, Dr. Naveen Tuli, Dr KS Bhagotia, Dr Sukrit Sharma, Dr SK Mittal and Dr AK Bansal